I do not understand it.. at all. I get the blah blah blah about how it was started due to an energy crisis or the farmers "needed more light" but you realize that is ridiculous right??
There is no more light, that is like saying a pound of muscle weighs more than fat. No.. no it does not it is only denser a pound is a pound. 24 hours is 24 hours and if there is 12 hours of light there is still 12 hours of light in that 24 hours. Turning our clocks is not in any way changing the Earths rotation and or position.
I get it, people like it lighter longer in the evenings especially with summer around the corner, they want to boat longer, they want to play longer, pool longer, but I for one absolutely LOVE an evening on the deck with twinkly lights after a day on the boat, and I do really prefer to start enjoying that before 10 pm. I also love waking up to the sun, I was laying in bed this week and thinking oh it is so lovely to be waking up as the sun does... wonk wonk waaaaaaa this morning I over slept my normal alarm by an hour and it was just waking up which means tomorrow... pitch black. Pfft! NOW I read they want to KEEP IT THIS WAY. That means in January there will be at least one day it will be 8 freaking 30 before the sun comes up. I mean what the hell. Again.. I get it.. if we move back that then that say day mean the sun will set about 4:30. So damn what? It's cold.. what you wanting to do outside in the cold between 4:30 and 5:30. Go in the house, read a book, by a fire!
I know I will get used to it and likely have the same and exact opposite rant in November when we fall back, so my true point here is this.. STOP F'ING WITH US! Do you Mr, (Ms, MRS, or is it They Government now? I don't even know.. ) just enjoy toying with your people twice a year for no good reason?? What is there to be accomplished here other than to send good people completely off their kilter. It was hard enough for me to set a clock every morning to just have some me time, now you do gone and shifted that again, hell I may as well add an hour to it get up at 5 and REALLY make the most of my day. Cold turkey all at once, add another thing to my plate to survive.
But I digress. Here we are. And her are some things I am going to implement in order to help with the change and or myself this week.
- I am going to ask dad if it is ok if we move his dinner reservation to 7 instead of 6:30 I am really pushing it every single day to get it ready in time, especially on gym days now that I have to ability to put in a good hour long work out and am not dead after 20 minutes.
- Speaking of the gym, I am hitting it this week on, Monday, Wednesday, Friday (for Zumba... I will likely perish for sure), Saturday for another Zumba for more perishing). I took yesterday off, I am hoping i can talk Mom in to an afternoon walk. I am trying to find my weekly planner to write this down. Walks will be Tuesday and Sunday.. rest day is Thursday.
- I am truly going to set my alarm, another 30 minutes back, this week and another next week so that week days will actually begin at 5. (Ed do not say one dang word when i am going to bed at 7 pm this week lol) Oh by the way it is not some obnoxious alarm that scares the daylights out of you waking up, it is a very gentle progression of sweet sounds, almost light birds chirping. Gosh this sounds like torture.. but ripping off the bandaid is probably best. I have various reasons for doing this.
- I am going to get that gallon of water in every day and RECORD IT! I have been drinking a LOT of water this last week and I am almost positive that I hit it every day but after working I kinda stopped counting. I am a shameful shit and only drink bottled water so I always set out the number of bottles I need in a day and most of the time they are gone and on the days they are not are days I went to the gym then I drank car bottled water which I can down two in the time I am gone. Some people have car chapstick, house chapstick, pocketbook chapstick.. to me it is water.. it is every where.
- I am going to maintain my diet as is, and my daily time with myself, maintain my learning.
- And biggest for me of all.... I am going home for 3 days.
- Side Note: the next thing I am going to do is hold people accountable for their own crap!!! Ed put away the damn containers!
Thursday - Dad has a dr appt so Norfolk first thing in the morning, will have my breakfast before we leave. Lunch is questionable so I will figure that out. He will likely want to stop some where, but I am going to try to get us home. Thursday evening dinner???? Up in the air!
Friday- coffee with the girls about 7, Zumba at 9, Knitting with the sisper, later and dinner with Drake at the Saltbox (no issues there I happen to know some pretty awesome accommodating chefs. Friday check no problem!
Saturday- Zumba at 9, lunch with sisper, hit Teeter, TJMaxx and Home Goods, and I am going to cook.
Sunday- come home first thing, yes Ed I said first thing! I need those few hours on Sunday afternoon to decompress before my week starts again.
Now here is where things get strange... I absolutely hate planning. It is gross and yucky and REALLY screws with my carefree, fly by the seat of my pants, spontaneous self, aka, my chaos. Planning means I have to really look at where I was going wrong before, where the obstacles and nose dives into cheese dips are. Ripping all those crutches away is staggering at times, but it is forcing a complete look at everything. Some days that is easy some days it absolutely sucks. Yes there is some free time in the weekend so not every second is planned but I totally planned but I have a good foundation going.
It all starts with a good foundation right?
Signing off with this, what do you do in your life to make things easier on yourself? Do you consciously think about these things? Let me know.. I want to hear your ideas!
Peace, Love and Light